[GPSCC-chat] Apple Protest

Brian snug.bug at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 24 17:06:19 PDT 2014

There was a SEIU protest outside Apple's flagship store in Palo Alto last week that went completely blacked out
by the media.

http://www.paloaltoonline.com/square/2014/09/22/street-level---the-unreported-news--seiu-shuts-down-university-avenue#comment_form

Of course it would have been nice if SEIU could have provided some photos and/or videos to go with the story of
the blackout.

SEIU wants to organize the janitors and the security guards at Apple.  Currently those functions are served by
non-union employees of outside contractors--and working conditions are poor.