[GPSCC-chat] Discussion of This Changes Everything by Naomi Klein

perrysandy at aol.com perrysandy at aol.com
Fri Sep 26 22:11:59 PDT 2014

Economics for Activists over the next two months will readand discuss the new Naomi Klein book, This Changes Everything: Capitalismvs. the Climate. This book, which was released just in time for the massiveSeptember 21 New York City climate march, addresses the worldwide movement forsurvival of the planet, and how it converges with and transforms the othergreat social movements of our times – for peace, economic justice, humanrights, and democracy.
In October we will read chapters 1 – 6 of the book, with ameeting to discuss it at 7 pm on Monday, October 27.
In November, we will read the second half, chapters 7through the conclusion, and meet for discussion at 7 pm on Monday, November 24.
Economics for Activists is a practical, not an academic group,so our discussions are geared toward understanding and assessing the materialfrom the point of view of how to advance the various day-to-day struggles weare all involved in. The discussion meetings will be held at the San Jose Peaceand Justice Center, 48 S. Seventh Street, San Jose.
We urge everyone concerned with the future of the planet toread this book and join us if possible. Although we have heard it is not yetavailable in public libraries, it can be found at bookstores and various onlinesites.
A trailer about the book can be viewed at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2014/08/17/changes-everything-trailer-naomi-kleins-coming-blockbuster