[GPSCC-chat] March 26, 2015 Meeting

Caroline Yacoub carolineyacoub at att.net
Fri Mar 27 11:08:28 PDT 2015

 Sandy Perry--Facilitator, Caroline Yacoub--Note Taker, Warner Blumberg--agenda for next month, Tian Harter--Time Keeper, Judy Purrington, guest and Vibes Watcher, Jim Doyle--Treasurer
7:25     Hoping to get out early, we started early. Judy Purrington fortunately stayed with us, having been there earlier for a Transit meeting.
Treasurer's report and hat passing. We currently have $814.73. The phone bill and PO box are large expenses that we are going to try to reduce.
Tabling: April 22, Earth Day, Sandy and, hopefully some De Anza Greens, will table at De Anza. Tian will table at SJSU. Caroline will table at Santa Clara University and, hopefully meet some of the Greens there.
Key: Since Spencer is leaving, Warner will keep the key.
County Council:  Since Spencer and Betsy are leaving, Warner and Caroline were appointed by the two remaining members, Jim and Sandy, to fill out the current term. Sandy will be our liaison with the state party.
Telephone: Our current bill is about $45 per month. Gerry sent us an email about a company that would cut that in half. Judy told us about OOMA. Sandy is going to check out Segue. Warner wants to check Comcast. Caroline is checking TracPhone. The County Council will decide on a new phone company before the next meeting.
Post office box:  Thanks to Judy, we have a new address:                    Green Party of Santa Clara County                    48 S. Seventh St. Suite #101                     San Jose  CA  95112Jim will turn in a change of address form to the PO.
Plenary:  We need to identify a site for Sunday. Drew sent procedure for getting rooms at De Anza to Spencer. Sandy will look into De Anza. We need to locate housing--motels and homestays. Hopefully, most people will have located housing for the Social Forum. We need to locate food for breakfast and lunch on Sunday.  We need to contact the guys who said at the last plenary that they would like to lead a workshop at the Social Forum. We need to see about the Green Party tabling at the Social Forum.
Nation Builder: We need to get on board with Nation Builder. We need to contact all the Greens in Santa Clara County. As our state liaison, Sandy will ask about this.
We were done at 9:00.