[GPSCC-chat] just 4 weeks until advanced transit conference in San Jose

Rob Means rob.means at electric-bikes.com
Mon Oct 5 15:33:25 PDT 2015

Hi Folks,

With a global climate crisis already slamming the state, we need to do
things differently - including getting around. One option with
tremendous potential is Personal Rapid Transit (PRT) or podcars. I urge
you to attend the 9th International Podcar City Conference - Silicon
Transportation!  Learn more at
http://www.podcarcity.org/siliconvalley

On that page you will find under Documents "Newsletter 4 - October 2015"
which includes the conference schedule (pages 8 & 9), speakers (several
from the Bay Area), and brief articles outlining the need for advanced
transit and the companies/products ready to meet the need. Here's the
direct link:
http://www.podcarcity.org/PodCityVirtualConf/ConferencesFolder/9__siliconvalley/Documents/Newsletter%204%20-%20October%202015/Podcar%20City%20Conference%20Newsletter%204%20-%20October%202015.pdf

"People can be divided into three groups: Those who make things happen,
those who watch things happen, and those who wonder what happened."
Those of us committed to better transportation options aspire to be in
the first group. On November 5 & 6, join others of like mind at PCC9.

BTW, if you can't attend but would like to contribute to making PRT
happen in the Bay Area, visit
http://sunnyhillsneighborhood.org/crossing.html#help
--
Rob Means, Secretary
Sunnyhills Neighborhood Association
408-262-0420, SNA at electric-bikes.com
1421 Yellowstone Ave, Milpitas, CA 95036-0581