[GPSCC-chat] Fwd: Wesley, will you be at meeting between Big Ag & SCVWD?

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Fri Apr 1 14:21:14 PDT 2016

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Wesley, will you be at meeting between Big Ag & SCVWD?
Date: 	Fri, 1 Apr 2016 18:59:41 +0000
From: 	Restore the Delta <barbara at restorethedelta.org>
To: 	wrolley at charter.net <wrolley at charter.net>

*|FNAME|*, will you be at meeting between Big Ag & SCVWD?
Urgent!

Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser
<http://us3.campaign-archive2.com/?u=06887fa70084fef8e939fef63&id=99992dbf4f&e=3dcf0a5069>.

<http://restorethedelta.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=06887fa70084fef8e939fef63&id=57763dd865&e=3dcf0a5069>

Dear Wesley,

Thank you for your continued support with letters and phone calls.  Many
of you have also helped recently with contributions.  We are grateful!

*We have learned that there will be a joint workshop between Santa Clara
Valley Water District and members of the San Luis Delta Mendota Water
Authority, _next Thursday in San Jose at 11:30 a.m on April 7_.

Address: Santa Clara Valley Water District’s Boardroom, 5700 Almaden
Expressway, San Jose, California /(The information on this meeting is
not available at SCVWD's website yet, but there will be a public meeting
at this location and we will also be there!)/*

As stated by Wes Rolley, "To my mind, this looks like a way to pull our
Water District [Santa Clara Valley Water District] deeper into the
machinations of the San Luis Delta Mendota Water Authority's financial
problems, caused by the recent down grading of their credit worthiness
and the fine levied on their principal customer, Westlands Irrigation
District, by the SEC.  It should be protested in the most firm manner
possible."

San Luis and Westlands are the Central Valley Project contractors who
claim to be contributing 40% to the costs of building the Delta tunnels
project. Restore the Delta has serious concerns that they cannot afford
their share of their project.

We believe it is important for Santa Clara Valley water rate payers to
show up for this meeting to listen to how SCVWD is moving forward with
planning.  Are they representing your best interests?  Are they moving
forward with participating in the Delta tunnels plan to the detriment of
the Delta and SCVWD rate payers?

*Also, if you have not already, please send an e-mail to SCVWD
Board at valleywater.org <mailto:Board at valleywater.org> and tell them:*

    Dear Santa Clara Valley Water District Board Members,

    First off, I would like to express my appreciation that the Board
    recognizes that it should consult with ratepayers regarding parcel
    taxes for financing the Delta tunnels project.  You are off to a
    good start.

    The Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association, however, recently said in
    the /San Jose Mercury News/ that raising property taxes for Delta
    Tunnels would violate Proposition 13 and could lead to lawsuits. As
    a water ratepayer and property taxpayer, I do not want to pay money
    for a project that will not create additional water supply, but
    mostly benefit corporate agriculture in the southwestern San Joaquin
    Valley.

    In addition, as Westlands and San Luis Delta-Mendota Water Authority
    have recently been placed on negative credit watch after being fined
    by the SEC for engaging in a little Enron accounting, it is clear
    that these agencies cannot be counted on to contribute a 40% capital
    share toward the tunnels.

    The Delta Tunnels would violate not only our federal and state
    standards of environmental and social justice law, but California
    tax law. As part of the Bay-Delta region, it makes sense for SCVWD
    to align itself with other Bay-Delta communities to protect the
    long-term health of the SF Bay-Delta estuary.

    Please vote no against continued CA WaterFix/Delta Tunnels support.
    Save the Bay-Delta estuary for our children and future generations.

/Thank you for your support Wesley! Special thanks to Wes Rolley./

*DONATE
<http://restorethedelta.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=06887fa70084fef8e939fef63&id=0ea88727da&e=3dcf0a5069>*
<http://restorethedelta.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=06887fa70084fef8e939fef63&id=4fe24a0639&e=3dcf0a5069>
<http://restorethedelta.us3.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=06887fa70084fef8e939fef63&id=d32fa143c0&e=3dcf0a5069>
| forward to a friend
<http://us3.forward-to-friend2.com/forward?u=06887fa70084fef8e939fef63&id=99992dbf4f&e=3dcf0a5069>

/Copyright © 2016 Restore the Delta, All rights reserved./
Donors
*Our mailing address is:*
Restore the Delta
10100 Trinity Parkway, Suite 120