[GPSCC-chat] Fwd: California Water Fix

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Tue Mar 29 19:35:59 PDT 2016

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	California Water Fix
Date: 	Tue, 29 Mar 2016 15:36:09 -0700
From: 	Wes Rolley <wrolley at charter.net>
To: 	Board at valleywater.org

To my Director, John Varella and other board members;

I have long watched the direction of the Water District.  In the past, I
participated as a citizen advocate in the District's planning process.
Never have I seen anything as senseless as continuing to spend money on
the so called California Water Fix. It trades off one set of users
against another and does nothing to increase the amount of water that is
available to any of them. Besides that, the recent action of the SEC in
levying fines for creative accounting to deceive bond purchasers about
the ability of the Westland Irrigation District to meet future bond
obligations shows that the financial underpinnings of this venture are
shaky at best.

I can assure you that, if the Water District votes to continue down this
path, I will do my best to see that qualified individuals challenge each
of you in the next election cycle and to make sure that there is an
ongoing effort to unseat each and every one who favors such a venture.

Wes Rolley
17211 Quail Ct.
Morgan Hill, CA 95037
Tel. (408) 778-3024
--
"Anytime you have an opportunity to make things better and you don't,
then you are wasting your time on this Earth" - /Roberto Clemente/