[Sosfbay-news] aug 6 meeting notes

cls at truffula.sj.ca.us cls at truffula.sj.ca.us
Tue Sep 30 22:35:22 PDT 2008

notetaker me
drew facilitating
tian vibes

doing something different with this meeting.

jim's annc.  how much time will you table on labor day wkend

warner will setup, but needs a ride.

jim doyle can do 2hr shifts if it's not over 85 F.
Caroline and Andrea are not available for the picnic.
Drew will reserve tables for the picnic Aug 9 sat
Fred has bicycle buttons.

Drew is concerned that we have not been publishing and ratifying our minutes.
suggests we designate a secretary to do it.

treasurer  report by jim  $830 deposit last night, balance 1591.10
after writing a check tonight.

warner: should we do a preelection newsletter?  need to have it together
early sept.

national meeting reports tian enjoyed it.  Says ther were more local candidates
than before.
I was appalled.
Warner is a member of the Green National Committee.
went to all the important meetings.
Didn't get a chance to socialize.
Drew is amazed at how thin the national party is, but accepts it.
Drew worked on a fundraising party for Jesse, Kat, and Kent thursday night.

Fred wants to protest the media's poor treatment of us.

The picnic is Saturday but only Drew and Andrea are known volunteers.

Delegates to the plenary.  Drew, tian, Warner are going.  Jim Stauffer too.
Maybe Andrea.
Agenda packet review meeting aug 16, warner's back yard.2-4 pm

Drew is concerned we should oppose a possible disaffiliation move.

Jim has a tabling event at Santa Teresa, sept 20.
Me, tian, Andrea.

passing the hat

Tian will get 200 McKinney stickers.

We need McKinney stuff for Tapestry.  Tian will work on it.  up to $400 approved
for lawn signs, $100 for buttons and stickers.

Drew will recruit delegates to the plenary.