[GP-Eldorado-n] Note to greens of an important alliance

Michael Borenstein thebor at cagreens.org
Wed Nov 16 20:37:27 PST 2005

From: Gloria Purcell <gpurcell at earthlink.net>

Hello Greens!
The League of Women Voters of El Dorado County is beginning a study
on Energy, including all aspects of the subject as it relates to
California, including infrastructure, politics, global climate
change, water, mechanics, sources, etc.  A big job!  The last
statewide energy study was done in 1980, so it's important to bring
out a new vision.

The League in our County is very progressive!  This would be a good
opportunity for anyone interested to volunteer to join one of the
subcommittees taking a section of the study.  (You do not have to be
a member of the League to do so!)  Just coincidentally, I happen to
be chairing the sections on Water and Energy, and Global Climate
Change.  Some of you know Paula Lee, who is very active with
electoral reform in the Greens and a board member of CA for Electoral
Reform, and lobbies for IRV in Sacramento.  She is chairing the
sections on The Role of the Legislature and Regulations and Markets.

As you can see, these are large subjects, and we need more
volunteers!  Please volunteer for this worthwhile project!  My two
sections will be meeting in Camino and Paula's I think in
Placerville.  The project must be completed by the March meeting and
our summaries submitted to the state League.  It will involve some
reading and a bit of research, and possibly half a dozen meetings.

Since the Greens have been so heavily impacted by our losses on the
County Council this last year, we are hoping to work in alliance with
other groups so that we can increase our effectiveness.  This is one
such opportunity; I hope you will take it!  Call me at 530-642-1162
if you would like to discuss possibly helping.  By the way, NOW is
the time to begin thinking about running for County Council, too!
Call or email Michael Borenstein or me--or call the Election Dept.--
for information on how to do it; it is not hard!  Thanks to Chris
Spear for stepping forward to fill an appointed Council seat!

For the Earth, Gloria