[Sosfbay-discuss] Proposition Trivia Questions

Gerry Gras gerrygras at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 10 09:54:55 PST 2005

alexcathy at aol.com wrote:

> Dear Gerry,
>
> There is a lot of useful data in there.  I saved your note on my hard
> drive.
>
> Is there any one place when I can obtain the raw figures for registered
> Greens by county?

The Liaison to the Secretary of State gets those numbers before each
plenary to determine the delegate allocations.  Jim Stauffer used to
do that, Larry Cafiero does that now.

The numbers for the active counties are listed at:

     http://cagreens.org/liaison/delegates.html

Active counties are those with active GP organizations, which I think
means those with GP County Councils.

> I am specifically interested in the number of actual registered Greens
> in Santa Clara, Alameda,
> and San Mateo.  I am trying to figure out... REALISTICALLY... how much
> money we can raise to
> run serious candidates in serious elections.

I have not been involved in fundraising.  I hope that a member of the
fundraising committee will respond.

> I know I am "preaching to the choir" but I really do think this is a
> historic moment.

I agree.

> If we don't kick some Democrat-Republican butt next year, then we might
> as well bend over and kiss our ass goodbye.
>

> There I go again!  What I meant to say was:
>

> If we do not engage in a constructive dialogue with intelligent,
> well-informed Democrats, Republicans, and independents next year, then
> we should voluntariily undergo a period of fasting, meditation, and
> prayerful reflection.

Both ways of saying it are ok with me.

Gerry