[Sosfbay-discuss] Fox News Bill O'Reilly - Bomb San Francisco!

alexcathy at aol.com alexcathy at aol.com
Thu Nov 10 16:36:07 PST 2005

Dear Friends,

Remember the big "controversy" about an obscure professor in Colorado
named WARD CHURCHILL and his infamous statement about the attack on the
World Trade Center?

Check out the statement by that crazy "conservative" BILL O'REILLY on
Fox News:

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
= = = = = = =
Posted on Media Matters for America, mediamatters.org, Thursday,
November 10, 2005.

O'Reilly to San Francisco: "[I]f Al Qaeda comes in here and blows you
up, we're not going to do anything about it. ... You want to blow up
the Coit Tower? Go ahead"

Criticizing a ballot measure passed by 60 percent of San Francisco
voters urging public high schools and colleges to prohibit on-campus
military recruiting, Fox News host Bill O'Reilly declared on the
November 8 broadcast of his nationally syndicated radio show, "[I]f Al
Qaeda comes in here and blows you up, we're not going to do anything
about it. We're going to say, look, every other place in America is
off-limits to you, except San Francisco."

 From the November 8 broadcast of Fox News' The Radio Factor with Bill
O'Reilly:

O'REILLY: Hey, you know, if you want to ban military recruiting, fine,
but I'm not going to give you another nickel of federal money. You
know, if I'm the president of the United States, I walk right into
Union Square, I set up my little presidential podium, and I say,
"Listen, citizens of San Francisco, if you vote against military
recruiting, you're not going to get another nickel in federal funds.
Fine. You want to be your own country? Go right ahead."

And if Al Qaeda comes in here and blows you up, we're not going to do
anything about it. We're going to say, look, every other place in
America is off limits to you, except San Francisco. You want to blow up
the Coit Tower? Go ahead.

If you got to mediamatters.org, you can even download an mp3 file of
him saying this on-the-air.  Like that scum Bill Bennett, O'Reilly
(whom Al Franken calls "O'Lielly") will probably say he was
"misquoted."

Alex