[Sosfbay-discuss] Fostering Ties to Other Local Progressive Groups (was Re: Green Bikers)

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 14 21:05:13 PDT 2006

And not just join them but pick up their issues and offer political
muscle to get their issues addressed.  We can do that even when we (as
individuals) may not be part of the group.  At the planning meeting we
talked about fostering ties with other groups and someone disdainfully
said 'does that mean I have to join all these other groups??? I don't
have time for that!'  To which I answer, no! If we as a party ADD VALUE
to the progressive community by being aware of, sensitive to and taking
up the issues of the other groups we'll start 'fostering ties' with
these groups and begin to draw support from them.  It will be a mutual
support network.  SVBC is just one example of many possible examples.

A Million Votes for Peace!

Drew