[Sosfbay-discuss] Connections

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Sun May 7 22:12:42 PDT 2006

I spent a portion of the afternoon phone banking.  Calling people in my
precinct to talk them into voting for Pete McCloskey rather than Richard
Pombo.  The really gratifying thing was that so many thanked me for
taking the time to actually have a conversation to them.  This included
on self-described "bed rock Conservative" Republican who wants to put a
big high voltage electric fence on the Mexican Border, and he still said
"Thank your, I will give McCloskey another look."

Maybe this indicates that there is a lack of personal connection in
politics.  That we are so attuned to wholesale politics of sound bytes
and television ads that personal connection means something more.

--
"Anytime you have an opportunity to make things better and you don't, then you are wasting your time on this Earth" Roberto Clemente

Wes Rolley
17211 Quail Court, Morgan Hill, CA 95037
http://www.refpub.com/ -- Tel: 408.778.3024