[Sosfbay-discuss] Will Carol's party be with Tian??? (Was Re: Come down to Tian's Election Night!)

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 2 14:21:31 PST 2006

I'm wondering if it will be a combined Carol / Tian party so that we
can support both our local candidates together?  Could Carol or Brian
let us know what the plan is?

A Million Votes for Peace!

Drew

--- JamBoi <jamboi at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'll be there!  Thanks Tian for running and with the help of all your
> Green supporters I hope we can get you into the top 3 and get you
> elected. :-)  Everyone who can please help Tian this last weekend
> before the election and join with your fellow Greens Tuesday Election
> night over at Tians for a Green party! ;-)
>
> A Million Votes for Peace!
>
> Drew
>
> --- Tian Harter <tnharter at ispwest.com> wrote:

 Before I get to the party, I just want to mention that this coming
weekend our last opportunity to get the word out about this campaign,
and if you've got time to walk a precinct please let me know. As I type
this there are about seven precincts that haven't  been walked and I
have literature in the house for three of them. That's about what  I
can walk without help. I need a fairly accurate count of the volunteers
because I need to cut the buying of literature fairly close. Thanks to
an uexpected wave of last  minute donations, money is not a problem.
However, It's just not fun to throw away heavy stacks of fliers when
it's over....

 Now on to the reason you opened this email: I'm throwing an Election
Night party! It's mostly because I want to get  together all the people
that helped with the campaign and say thank you,  but also because as a
Candidate at the end of the campaign trail that's my job!

 When: anytime between 7 PM to 9 PM, Tuesday, November 7th, 2006.
             The security guard is going to throw us out at 11 PM.

 Where: the clubhouse at 505 Cypress Point Drive in Mountain View.
             See below for directions.

 Bring: whatever you want. I'm going to provide some beer, chips and
salsa, fresh fruit (hopefully from the farmers market), and maybe one
or two other munchies. Bring anything else you want to have. There is a
(smallish) pool, a hot tub, a sauna, a ping pong table, and a sound
system. It's one of those "the more the merrier" kind of things. It'd
be great if somebody that has WiFi brings their computer, so we can
dial into the registrar of voters and the Secretary of State to follow
all the elections without waiting for the TV to get around to briefly
mentioning them.

To see a map that shows the party location, please visit:

http://tianharter.org/PartyAnoucement.html

 Directions from the CalTrain/VTA station: Go north along the tracks,
past the train station building to Castro Street. Turn right and cross
Central Expressway, where the road becomes Moffett Blvd. Walk to the
second light, which is Cypress Point Drive, maybe a quarter of a mile.
Go right on Cypress Point Dr. Just past the third driveway on the right
is the clubhouse.
 Warning: The last northbound CalTrain goes through Mountain View at
10:49 PM.
 Another warning: In the past I've given the stragglers rides home, but
now that I'm car free that is no longer possible.

 Directions from 101: Take Moffett Blvd. Exit towards downtown Mountain

View.
 Go left at the light for Cypress Point Drive. The clubhouse is about
half way to the end of the street on the right, with a big sign that
says "505 Cypress Point" outside it.

 Directions from 85: Take Moffett Blvd. Exit towards downtown Mountain
View.
 Go left at the light for Cypress Point Drive. The clubhouse is about
half way to the end of the street on the right, with a big sign that
says "505
Cypress Point" outside it.

 Questions: call [(650) 964-6481] or email [tnharter (circle a) ispwest

(period) com] for more information.

--
Tian
I've been car free about a week. It's a bit too late

JamBoi
Jammy The Sacred Cow Slayer

http://dailyJam.blogspot.com