[Sosfbay-discuss] 83

E. Alan Meece eameece at california.com
Thu Nov 2 21:07:02 PST 2006

Please vote NO on Prop.83. This is an outrageous attack on all
Californians who might ever want to make love. This is 1984, folks. The
religious right want to turn this into a police state, and with this
nice-sounding "Jessica's Law" they will take a giant step. This measure
would prohibit any "sex offender," past, present or future, from living
close to a school or park. But "close" means so far away that there is
almost nowhere in any CA city where a registered sex offender could
live. It would also require any "sex offender" to wear a GPS device for
life. The term sex offender includes anyone who has ever read, or ever
will read, porno lit, or been an exhibitionist, or been an 18-year old
who had sex with a 17-year old, or been reported for date-rape by an
irate girlfriend, etc., etc. Do we want the police looking over our
shoulder in our bedrooms? Do we want thousands of sex offenders refusing
to register because of these draconian restrictions? Should anyone who
committed lewd behavior, no matter how long ago, be forced to move
outside of the city and wear a GPS device for life? This measure will
cost us millions of dollars annually too. Vote NO on 83. Please pass
this on to your friends today. Thanks for reading.
Eric Meece