[Sosfbay-discuss] New member, basic questions....

DPBxx at aol.com DPBxx at aol.com
Wed Dec 12 10:31:38 PST 2007

Greetings and thanks for an opportunity to post.

I'm interested in supporting GP efforts, but after a cursory  review of the
SCCGP activities and discussions am left wondering what  distinguishes your
group from myriad others lending voice  to initiatives coming from the
left-of-center Dems? While sympathetic  to many of those positions (and appreciative of
their  obvious affinity for Greens), I am  frankly concerned that such close
alignments undercut  the opportunity for a Green Party agenda to lead this
country out  of its two-party stalemate. Environmental issues are not even
mentioned in your  discussions. The science is now sufficiently clear to suggest that
 such issues, natural to the Greens and cutting across so  many of the old
political divides, will soon come to dominant our  political process. Can anyone
tell me specifically how SCCGP is addressing  such issues?

Thanks for any/all responses in advance.

- DPB