[Sosfbay-discuss] New member, basic questions....

Drew Johnson JamBoi at Greens.org
Wed Dec 12 20:10:47 PST 2007

Dear DPB, we would welcome your new energy to address the many extremely
salient environmental issues we'd like to be more active on.  We are
active currently in the Save BAREC issue, and the move against the
building of a new stadium in Santa Clara and have kept abreast of the
Coyote Valley issue.   We in the GPSCC have one of the strong leaders on
environmental issues, Wes Rolley who is now co-chair of the EcoAction
Committee of the GP-US.

There will always be discussion and disagreement about how closely or
distantly we should ally ourselves with progressive Dems and I'm
sympathetic to the discomfort you, I and all the rest of the Greens
experience on this.  At the same time, really we'll need to elect people
to office and lead from office if we want to have this situation change
significantly and for us to be working from a more independent position.
Apart from that I favor coalitional work with any who are willing (and not
working to undermine us).  There are many, many people and organizations
who are not part of the Dem's machinery and are happy to find common cause
with us.

Together we can!  Maybe you are ready to help us be leaders on the
extremely important environmental issues.  Most recently we worked on a
response to the San Jose mayor's Green Vision plan but could really use
some additional energy to get that completed.

Please come introduce yourself at our Holiday Social on Sunday (details
posted in other messages on this discussion list.  Poster found at
http://www.greens.org/~cls/SanXJoseXholidayXparty.pdf)

Green is Core!

Drew Johnson
GPSCCo County Councilor