[Sosfbay-discuss] Draft - GP RELEASE Global warming: Bush is doing to world what he did to New Orleans

Cameron L. Spitzer cls at truffula.sj.ca.us
Sat Feb 3 10:11:05 PST 2007

Warner pointed out that these press releases and petitions
are intended as polemics, not as actual suggestions for
articles of impeachment.  It would be nice if we could
be clear on that distinction.

They got Al Capone for tax evasion.  Everybody knew he'd
done a lot of other stuff, but the case for tax evasion
was easiest to prove and got him locked up.  That doesn't
mean the government was absolving him of all that other stuff.

Was GWB personally involved in the conspiracy to steal
the 2000 election?  Or was it handled for him by smarter,
harder working people?  I don't know, and I don't see how
it advances our case to make that particular charge.
But it's fine in a polemic where you're just listing all
the reasons you want him removed.  Throw in "says God
speaks to him."  It's hardly a high crime, but it's
a compelling reason to get him out of there.

Cameron