[Sosfbay-discuss] polemics, polemics

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 9 12:17:25 PST 2007

Well that's the problem for engineers: they think they have all the
answers whether or not they've actually studied the problem at hand.
Furthermore they misunderstand the formal visible structure (ie. things
like the Consititution to be the source of the power.

For Political Scientists of which I'm one we realize that 1) real power
comes from a variety of sources, including but not limited to a) The
People (including populist movements) b) The Elites (including
Corporations and the Corporatocracy), c) Parties, d) The Military and
are effected through such elements including but not limited to 1)
Economics 2) Electoral Politics 3) Politcal Pressure Tactics (which
include Direct Democracy and Civil Disobedience tatics) 4) Force (ie.
military and insurgencies), etc.

We Political Science understand that incumbents are persuadable, and
just as Wes pointed out that it was when the REPUBLICANS turned on
Nixon that his house of cards crumbled, so it will be in this case.
Even the most questionable and on-the-take politician understands that
in order to remain the incumbent they must at least appear to be
responsive to their constituents.

Everyone needs to understand the power of "The Tipping Point" (here's a
google search on the term: http://tinyurl.com/3ca8lz ).  It does not
require a majority to effect radical change.  It just takes a network
of influentials and the whole society can flip in a breathtaking way.
Watch this as it is about to occur.  This is how The People will effect
regime change in the U.S.  Impeachment is on its way.  Take it from a
Political Scientist and don't put too much stock in engineering
instructors, who are entirely unfamiliar with how things really operate
in the realm of politics. ;-)

Organize, Energize, Coalize!

Drew

--- Tian Harter <tnharter at ispwest.com> wrote:

> JamBoi wrote:
>

> >BTW Wes, we are not 'relying' on ANY corporate party politician,
> >Conyers included to bring impeachment.  The Impeachment Movement is
> >Do It Yourself affair.  We are moving throughout the U.S. to make
> this
> >thing happen.  It matters not whether to get it started it takes 2
> >days, 2 weeks, 2 months, 2 years, or 20 years, we WILL get it done.
> If
> >anyone doesn't wish to participate, stand aside and observe us do
> it.
> >But don't stand in the way or you'll be run over by stampede of The
> >People bringing remaking the government back into a government for,
> by
> >and of The People.
> >
> >Impeach early and often!
> >

> Ummmm... If I told my Engineering Teachers that we could impeach
> the President without any support from incumbents they would
> either have laughed at me or done something much worse. We can
> honor the Bill of Rights without their help, but we can't do the job
> of the *Legislative Branch*(TM) without thier help.
>
> It's good to see lots of spirit on the County Council though!
>
> --
> Tian

JamBoi
Jammy The Sacred Cow Slayer