[Sosfbay-discuss] Impeachment

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 13 14:17:58 PST 2007

I support impeachment, not impalement.  Indictment, and incarceration
including treatment for insanity are all part of the program, but not
hanging as they insanely did to Saddam.  Nonviolence and compassion
should be the hallmark of the Greens.

Impeach early and often!

Drew

--- Duende <egroups at duendevision.com> wrote:

> Thanks Much Cameron
>
> I'm absolutely opposed to the death penalty but there's times I
> forget it when it comes to the high crimes of our leaders.
>
> As far as Genral Tojo is concerned, I was under the belief that the
> US had basically antagonized Japan into a war starting with bringing
>
> US battle ships into Japanese harbors.
>
> Peace
> Duende
>

> On Feb 13, 2007, at 9:25 AM, Cameron L. Spitzer wrote:
>

> > Wes wrote (in UTF-8):
> >
> >> If, at the end of WW II, the figures who were responsible for
> >> starting
> >> that war, e.g. Gen Tojo, were executed for what they did, why
> >> should the
> >> same not be the fate of Bush / Cheney.  Impeachment, trial,
> >> sentencing
> >> and reaping the reward for starting a war of choice.
> >
> > Impeachment and a truly fair trial should be routine.
> >
> > Execution is an act of revenge.  Not deterrence, nor correction
> > nor justice.  It presumes power and authority no government
> > should have.  It normalizes murder.  It undermines legitimate
> > government authority and terrorizes oppressed populations.
> > It's incompatible with broad and consistent recognition of
> > the fundamental human rights.
> > Governments that do it attract lawless tyrants into their
> > leadership, and they bring all kinds of corruption with them.
> >
> > No executions.  If our platform doesn't already say that, it
> should.
> > It's not even a radical position; it's where a lot of the nations
> > we consider "developed" or "civilized" have been for decades.
> >
> > It seems to me that GWB, Cheney, and the rest exhibit various
> > disorders that psychiatry can diagnose and has management
> > protocols for.  A society with a functional justice and health
> > care systems would isolate them for everyone's safety, and deliver
> > appropriate care.  They belong in the loony bin, not the death
> > chamber or a warehouse.  We should be able to treat
> > even dangerously insane people with compassion.
> >

> > Cameron

JamBoi
Jammy The Sacred Cow Slayer

http://dailyJam.blogspot.com