[Sosfbay-discuss] From Agenda to Action - A California/Denmark Workshop on Clean Technology

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Fri Jan 5 14:37:35 PST 2007

Browsing for something else today, I cam across the following workshop.
It sounds interesting. Yeah, it is come on promo for industry, but maybe
it represents a paradigm shift in thinking, from Global Warming as hoax
to Climage Change as business opportunity.  I know my new congressman
would like to see San Joaquin County / Stockton become the Silicon
Valley of renewable energy technologies.  Maybe he is too late.

http://www.renewableenergyaccess.com/rea/events/view;jsessionid=23F4B517E4C3A6907D4342A0DCEA7EC4?id=44547

*Start date:* January 29, 2007
*End date:* February 2, 2007
*Cost:* $75.00 per day
*Location:* Palo Alto, Menlo Park, and the greater Bay Area

>       From Agenda to Action - A California/Denmark Workshop on Clean
>       Technology

In concerted efforts to advance their clean technology industries and
implementation, prominent decision-makers in the US and Denmark have
declared increased collaboration "vital" to the already highly aligned
countires.

*The Opportunity:*

The workshop will give companies from California and Denmark the
opportunity to explore possibilities of partnerships, venture
capitalists the chance to review the most promising technologies, and
researchers the space to connect to other researchers and possible
business partners.  Silicon Valley offers the ideal innovative and
entrepreneurial setting for the move from agenda to action.

The objective of mapping the landscape of clean technology is to inspire
Danish companies to get involved in helping California achieve the goal
of becoming a world leader in clean technology.

--
Wes Rolley
17211 Quail Court

"Happiness is to be fully engaged in the activity that you believe in and, if you are very good at it, well that's a bonus." -- Henry Moore