[Sosfbay-discuss] Forming Health Care Action Committee & Coalition w/ OneCareNow.org & HealthCareforAll.org

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 5 15:54:43 PST 2007

Also the gathering last night wanted to send out some letters to the
editor at the next biz meeting (which BTW is Thurs. Feb 1st - heads
up!) so the desire was for some research to be submitted to the group
to give bullet points that would help us write those letters.  This
would be a wonderful first action for this Health Care Action
Committee!  I'd be up for helping out on getting this rolling, although
I'm not sure I'd be an ongoing member.

Also it occurs to me that we can start a new tradition of using the
6:30-7:30pm time slot before the biz meeting starts not only for having
fun catching up with each other, but for a little letter mailing party
for letters to the editor and such.

Green solidarity!

Drew

--- JamBoi <jamboi at yahoo.com> wrote:

> There was a LOT of energy at last night's meeting to get something
> rolling on health care.  I will speak to the other members of the
> County Council about getting a Health Care committee going.  I don't
> anticipate any opposition.  Please all those who would like to serve
> on this committee speak up.  Fred, Mary-Lyle and others expressed
> interest last night.
>
> May I suggest that one of our monthly Green Talks could be to invite
> somebody to speak on the subject?  Here are two wonderful resources
> to that could help us get such a speaker as well as educate us for
> letters to the editor and other elements of a campaign for Single
> Payer / Universal Insurance  :
>      http://www.onecarenow.org/index.html
>      http://healthcareforall.org/

JamBoi