[Sosfbay-discuss] What do you think about the AMERICAN FREEDOM AGENDA?

cls at truffula.sj.ca.us cls at truffula.sj.ca.us
Thu Jul 19 08:36:34 PDT 2007

>From: MKmusic03 at aol.com
>Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 00:23:29 EDT
>To: sosfbay-discuss at cagreens.org
>Subject: [Sosfbay-discuss] What do you think about the AMERICAN FREEDOM
>	AGENDA?

>Hi All,

>Have you heard of the AMERICAN FREEDOM AGENDA?  Check out their website and=20
>let me know what your comments are.  In this time of our Constitution being=20
>trashed, and an Executive branch that is unchecked we need to form alliances=
> with=20
>groups that uphold our constitutional rights even if they are conservative.

>The Principals of the AMERICAN FREEDOM AGENDA are Bruce Fein, Bob Barr, Davi=
>d=20
>Keene and Richard Viguerie.

>http://www.americanfreedomagenda.org

Skip to the "Biographies of the Principals."  The junk mail guru
who's credited with getting Reagan elected.  A leader of the
War on Some Drugs and the campaign to impeach Clinton.
A high powered corporate lobbyist.  One of American Enterprise
Institute's most powerful talking heads and a major promoter
of the so-called War on Terrorism.

It's weird.  These guys led the movement for everything the
Bush administration represents.  I wouldn't trust any of them
with anything and I smell a rat.  Is this a sign that even
some of the powers behind the "conservative movement" mistrust
Bush?  Or is it an effort to head off a grassroots
movement among the old "Goldwater" paleocons?  (A right wing
reflection of how Moveon et. al. are trying to head off
the grassroots antiwar movement.)  If you really want to
figure out which side they're on, you'll have to watch
individual bits of legislation they push or fight.

Cameron