[Sosfbay-discuss] What do you think about the AMERICAN FREEDOM AGENDA?

Gerry Gras gerrygras at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 19 09:12:23 PDT 2007

cls at truffula.sj.ca.us wrote:

> Skip to the "Biographies of the Principals."  The junk mail guru
> who's credited with getting Reagan elected.  A leader of the
> War on Some Drugs and the campaign to impeach Clinton.
> A high powered corporate lobbyist.  One of American Enterprise
> Institute's most powerful talking heads and a major promoter
> of the so-called War on Terrorism.
>
> It's weird.  These guys led the movement for everything the
> Bush administration represents.  I wouldn't trust any of them
> with anything and I smell a rat.  Is this a sign that even
> some of the powers behind the "conservative movement" mistrust
> Bush?  Or is it an effort to head off a grassroots
> movement among the old "Goldwater" paleocons?  (A right wing
> reflection of how Moveon et. al. are trying to head off
> the grassroots antiwar movement.)  If you really want to
> figure out which side they're on, you'll have to watch
> individual bits of legislation they push or fight.
>

> Cameron

It's definitely wierd.  But after reading the transcript of
Bill Moyer's piece:

     http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/07132007/transcript4.html

it seems that Bruce Fein is for real.  Maybe this is a case
where Bush shows the right the truth of the "Law of Unintended
Consequences".  If the left can have infighting, why not the
right?

Gerry