[Sosfbay-discuss] [usgp-media] Tillman was apparently fragged! Murdered by M-16 at close range

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 27 11:28:58 PDT 2007

Hey Nan,

I'd read Goff's and other narrative reconstructive
efforts.  Due to the extensiveness of the coverup I
always had an intuition that he'd probably pissed
someone off, got fragged and then the murder covered
up.

It never made sense to me that it was simply a case of
'friendly fire' since even as embarassing as that
would be I'd have a hard time accepting that it would
be enough to drive such a comprehensive fraud that was
carried out on so many levels.  IMO it had to be
something really big (like a fragging) to get that
treatment.  So I never put much stock in the forest of
details given in the various reconstruction efforts.
This is no criticism of Goff or the other reporters, I
just didn't buy the bigger picture that was portrayed
in their narrative reconstructions.

I'll stick with 'apparently fragged' because with
three M-16 rounds to the forehead at less than 10
yards, it pretty much comes down to either a) an
accident (and I don't buy that because again why the
extensive coverup unless there was some intense guilty
feelings that were being covered up) or b) murder (ie.
fragged).

Would this be a crime of passion by an incensed fellow
soldier who blew his cool after Tillman had become
unpopular with the unit or a premeditated 'hit'
ordered from above due to impolitic statements of
Tillman?  Either way it took the unit operating as a
team to large degree to achieve this fraud.  I could
believe either scenario and since my bias is towards
simpler answers I'd probably lean towards the former.

Finally it makes me wonder who the triggerman was?
Who was 10 yards away??? Who was in the vicinity?  We
can't know for sure, but Goff says the contingent
consisted of:

"{SSG} Weeks took Pat, one Afghan militiaman, Brian
O’Neal (a new Ranger), and two other Rangers (we do
not have their names) with him, and began mounting a
small spur west of the road."

BTW, The Afghani was also killed.

BTW, Here's Goff's articles on Tillman:
http://www.fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/index.shtml#tillman

Here's some fellow bloggers with similar thoughts as
mine:
http://donspoliticalblog.blogspot.com/2007/07/was-pat-tillman-murdered.html
http://winterpatriot.blogspot.com/2007/07/new-details-support-old-story-pat.html

Green is Just!

Drew Johnson
California

--- Nan Garrett <nannetteg at yahoo.com> wrote:

> [...]
> breakdown, their commanders ordered them to continue
> despite there being no specific time-oriented task
> for
> which the equipment was needed, so their unit split
> up
> perhaps so that if the first part got through this
> mountainous area prone to enemy guerrilla type
> actions,
> they could send help back; the part of the unit
> Tillman was
> with came through the mountainous narrow pass as
> gunfire
> broke out, that NO ONE, either the first unit or
> Tillman's
> group, EVER specifically saw where the gunfire came
> from,
> and that everybody just started shooting; and that
> despite
> the fact that most there on the ground believed
> Tillman has
> been killed by 'friendly' fire, the folks in
> Washington
> needed a poster boy hero and tagged it as 'died in
> action,
> killed by enemy fire'.
>
> Although I'm not sure I'd use Drew's subject line of
> 'apparently fragged' and would have more likely
> chose 'may
> have been fragged', another weird thing that came
> out in
> Goff's papers was that Tillman had been publicly
> complaining about the incompetence of the military
> and that
> perhaps they should have never gone into Afghanistan
> or
> Iraq.
>
> In addition, the closing comment about what
> Tillman's last
> comments to a fellow soldier appear to be one more
> subtle
> slam against the Tillman family's atheism, which
> they have
> been criticized for with the military anyway.
>
> Goff's conclusions: gross incompetence plus military
> coverup because they needed a 'hero'. This implies
> murder.
>
> Interesting. With both Goff's investigative report
> and this
> below combined, I wonder who would have murdered
> Tillman
> unless it was ordered from higher ups. But the truth
> is,
> with stress and combat and fatigue and unreasonable
> assignments, all of which point back to the fact
> that we
> shouldn't have been there to begin with and the
> whole
> campaign has been run horribly inefficiently, it is
> possible he was 'fragged'. Unless his fellow troops
> start
> talking, and they have been under continuous orders
> to NOT
> talk of this matter, we may never know.
>
> I am curious, Drew, what specifically did you read
> way back
> when for you to say that you 'suspected this all

Nan, I just took the time to again read Goff's
reconstruction and actually this new report completely
alters the story.  Goff didn't have anything about
1) an M-16
2) to the forehead
3) from less that 10 yards.  All that indeed is news
with entirely new implications!

Goff talks about "less than 40 Meters" distance and
"high velocity projecticles" (unlike M-16), rocks and
SAW rounds (again not M-16 rounds). Here's his guess:

"The personnel aboard Baker’s Hummer saw Pat Tillman
and Brian O’Neal at less than 40 meters away with
their distinctive US battle-rattle silhouettes,"

AND

"In the hail of fire that was punctuated by tracers
chattering through the lethal cone of high-velocity
projectiles, stones were thrown at high enough speed
to wound Pat in the wrist and leg.  It is also known
that SAW ammunition hit the body armor that covered
his chest and abdomen."

http://www.fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/062306_tillman_files4.shtml

Green is Truth!

Drew Johnson
California

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070726/ap_on_re_us/tillman_friendly_fire

> [...]
> > forward to the congressional hearings next week.
> >
> > "Nothing is going to bring Pat back. It's about
> > justice for Pat and justice for other soldiers.
> The
> > nation has been deceived," she said.
> >
> > The documents show that a doctor who autopsied
> > Tillman's body was suspicious of the three gunshot
> > wounds to the forehead. The doctor said he took
> the
> > unusual step of calling the Army's Human Resources
> > Command and was rebuffed. He then asked an
> official at
> > the Army's Criminal Investigation Division if the
> CID
> > would consider opening a criminal case.
> >
> > "He said he talked to his higher headquarters and
> they
> > had said no," the doctor testified.
> >
> > Also according to the documents, investigators
> pressed
> > officers and soldiers on a question Mrs. Tillman
> has
> > been asking all along.
> >
> > "Have you, at any time since this incident
> occurred
> > back on April 22, 2004, have you ever received any
> > information even rumor that Cpl. Tillman was
> killed by
> > anybody within his own unit intentionally?" an
> > investigator asked then-Capt. Richard Scott.
> >
> > Scott, and others who were asked, said they were
> > certain the shooting was accidental.
> >
> > Investigators also asked soldiers and commanders
> > whether Tillman was disliked, whether anyone was
> > jealous of his celebrity, or if he was considered
> > arrogant. They said Tillman was respected, admired
> and
> > well-liked.
> >
> > The documents also shed new light on Tillman's
> last
> > moments.
> >
> > It has been widely reported by the AP and others
> that
> > Spc. Bryan O'Neal, who was at Tillman's side as he
> was
> > killed, told investigators that Tillman was waving
> his
> > arms shouting "Cease fire, friendlies, I am Pat
> > (expletive) Tillman, damn it!" again and again.
> >
> > But the latest documents give a different account
> from
> > a chaplain who debriefed the entire unit days
> after
> > Tillman was killed.
> >
> > The chaplain said that O'Neal told him he was
> hugging
> > the ground at Tillman's side, "crying out to God,
> help
> > us. And Tillman says to him, `Would you shut your
> > (expletive) mouth? God's not going to help you;
> you
> > need to do something for yourself, you sniveling
> ..."
> >
> > ___
> >
> > Associated Press reporters Scott Lindlaw in Las
> Vegas
> > and Lolita C. Baldor in Washington contributed to

JamBoi: Jammy, The Sacred Cow Slayer
The Green Parties' #1 Blogger
http://dailyJam.blogspot.com

"To the brave belong all things"
Celt's invading Etrusca reply to nervous Romans around 400BC