[Sosfbay-discuss] Open Email to the GPSCC County Council; Bylaws Amendmen...

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 7 12:30:57 PDT 2007

--- WB4D23 at aol.com wrote:

> Daylight Time,  jamboi at yahoo.com
> writes:
>
> Hey  Warner,
>
> I think I mostly agree with your proposed amendment.
>
> I  have two concerns that you might be able to
> address.
> 1) Why don't we assert  our right to recall our rep
> as
> well?  I understand that the state  bylaws need
> clarification on that point, but while we are
> working
> on our  own bylaws I think we should make it a
> standard
> practice to provide for  both election/appointment
> and
> recall whenever we are adding bylaws for a
> position.
>
> Reply:  I have no objection to this.  I sent the
> draft to the GPSCC email
> list and the CC list for both counties to try to get
>  this moving (after many
> previous attempts).  IMO, what is needed is text
> that both the San Mateo and
> Santa Clara County GPs can accept.  Presumably,  the
> first hurdle is to get both
> County Councils to agree on the same or similar
> provisions and then have
> them adopted according to each County GP's
> procedures.
>

> 2)  Is there a way that this could be formulated
> where
> it could be a more  practical model for regions that
> have more than two counties?
> Reply:  This is a proposal for the current
> configuration  of the Silicon
> Valley Region.  What other county are you planning
> to annex?  (Juuust Kidding!!!!)
> But really...  I don't think we have any business
> setting  rules for other
> regions.  You know... decentralization... grassroots
>  democracy... "And all that
> jazz!"
>
> In Struggle!  Warner

I feel quesey about something in the ratification
process that I haven't been able to put a finger on
yet.  If we can do something that can be an effective
model for other Regions then I'd prefer to do that
rather than something that only helps our Region.  You
know, leading by example. :-)

Green is Peace!

Drew

JamBoi: Jammy, The Sacred Cow Slayer
The Green Parties' #1 Blogger
http://dailyJam.blogspot.com

"To the brave belong all things"
Celt's invading Etrusca reply to nervous Romans around 400BC