[Sosfbay-discuss] Ideas from Far-Flung Places

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 8 23:00:08 PST 2007

This list has ALWAYS BEEN by and for the MEMBERS OF THE GPSCC.  We are
not much limited on  the subject we discuss, but it is a LOCAL list for
and by the Members of the GPSCC.  ALWAYS HAS BEEN, ALWAYS WILL BE.

NOTE ROY THAT We (the GPSCC)  are NOT AVAILABLE FOR DOMINATION BY
NON-GPSCC Members.

Our Bylaws  ( http://cagreens.org/sclara/ ) CLARIFY:

ARTICLE 1 MEMBERSHIP IN THE GREEN PARTY OF SANTA CLARA COUNTY

1.1 Any voter who has registered as a member of the Green Party and who
is a resident of Santa Clara County also shall be a member of the Green
Party of Santa Clara County.

1.2 Only active members will vote in official county Green Party
functions, should a vote be required according to the Consensus Process
described in Article 6. Official functions shall be those at which
decisions are made in the name of the Party.

1.3 An active member shall be a person who has attended 2 out of the
last 5 meetings of the official functions at which (s)he wishes to
vote. For example, a vote at a General meeting, a committee meeting, a
local meeting, etc.

WHAT IS MY (DREW JOHNSON'S) ROLE AS  A MEMBER OF THE COUNTY COUNCIL???

I TURN TO THE BYLAWS AGAIN FOR THE ANSWER:

ARTICLE 2 COUNTY COUNCIL

2.1 Purposes

2.1.1 The County Council will fulfill the legal requirement for a
liaison between the California Green Party and Santa Clara County
officials. As used in these Bylaws, the term "County Council" shall
have the same meaning as the term "Central Committee" as that term is
used by the Office of the Registrar of Voters for Santa Clara County,
California.

2.1.2 The Council shall select a secretary and a treasurer from among
its members, or may ratify the selection of these officers made at a
General County Meeting. The Council and/or its officers will be
responsible for complying with the financial reporting requirements of
the Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC). The Council or its
officers shall be responsible for obtaining an FPPC number for
financial reporting. The Council may create such committees or initiate
such inquiries as it considers necessary and appropriate to perform its
collective responsibilities as described in these Bylaws.

2.1.3 Internal to the Green Party, the Council's primary duties include
serving as a coordinating or steering committee to:

a) Facilitate communications between Green Party members within the
county, at county meetings, and between locals within the county.

b) Facilitate communications between the county Green Party and the
State Green Party.

c) Assist Green Party involvement in elections in the county (including
recruiting, advising and assisting Green Party candidates,
co-ordinating voter registration efforts and tabling, and supporting
ballot issues effecting issues of concern to the state or county Green
Party).

d) Enhance communications between the county Green Party and other
Green Parties and/or other local organizations which support the
principals and objectives set forth in the Green Party Platform.

e) Oversee and assist the work of committees formed by the Council, or
outside the Council by the Party's members, to help carry out the above
duties, or other duties considered necessary that are not in conflict
with these ByLaws; such as an electoral reform committee, an
environmental issues committee, etc.

2.1.4 The County Council shall act as the designated contact persons
for the Green Party of Santa Clara County, and refer interested people
to persons who may be designated as spokespeople for the Party at a
General County Meeting.

SO THEREFORE WE ON THE COUNCIL ARE LEGALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE
OPERATIONS OF THE GPSCC AND WILL SERVE TO FACILITATE OUR PARTY AS WELL
AS TO PROTECT IT FROM DOMINATION FROM NON-PARTY (THAT IS NON GPSCC)
MEMBERS.

So Roy, This drama you're trying to perpetuate re: ML's hissy fit and
exit is a dead issue. period.

More intersperse below:

--- Duende <egroups at duendevision.com> wrote:

> "A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a part
>
> limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and
> feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical
> delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for
>
> us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few
>
> persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this
> prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living
> creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
>
> Albert Einstein
>

> On Mar 8, 2007, at 9:06 AM, JamBoi wrote:
>
> > Roy, the list has ALWAYS BEEN a GPSCC-specific list.  ALWAYS.
>
> Drew
>
> NOT
>
> Here's a quote from the SC Green website:
>
> "email lists
> The Green Party of Santa Clara County has two subscription email
> lists. One for announcements and one for discussion of topics
> relevant to the Green Party."
>
> Please notice that it says "relevant to the Green Party". Not the
> Santa Clara Greens.

> > wouldn't use your term 'geographic bias', but our Green Party
> values
> > state we are for LOCAL control, Grassroots Democracy and
> >
> > Call it spamming (oops, Cameron doesn't like that), or bombing or
> what
> > have you.  This is a County list and it will remain a county list.
>
> Please reference above.
>

> > Furthermore you conveniently ignore the point that in best NVC
> fashion
> > what I actually said was that I was uncomfortable with his action.
> > never said that I thought he shouldn't observe.  What I was
> > 'uncomfortable' with was his sudden frequent posting combined with
> his
> > lack of identifying that he was not a GPSCC member or even where he
>
> > is.
>
> In the best NVC fashion you told him what you were uncomfortable with
>
> yes. But it was also easy to see you would be comfortable censoring
> him.

Give me a break!

> However in following posts it's obvious you wwre not open to
> discussion concerning this and have made one absolute declaration
> after another about what YOU will tolerate and what YOU will stand
> for. You can wrap your original comment in anything you want however
>
> it was clear to my self and others what you meant by your statements.
>
> Maybe you need to work on that NVC. Marshall's coming into the area
> again.

As you stated in person when we spoke, you came to NVC because you
needed it and I said the same.  Great!  NVC is great for all us
Irishmen!

> > Give it a rest Roy!  There are so many REAL ISSUES we need to work
> on,
> > like getting the SCC Congressional representatives to support
> > impeachment.  This here is just bullshit drama and you seem to be
> > drawn
> > to it.  Give it a rest!  and come on out and actually participate
> with
> > us in the many actions we are doing these days.  Don't just sit
> back
> > behind your keyboard and critique.  Come on out!
>
> Drew.. again you're using a lot of energy charged words, Quite
> truthfully I came close to pointing out your drama and repeated
> character assassination when it came to Mark and now I see it
> directed at me. And again, you imply that I should come out from
> behind my keyboard and participate. If it wasn't for this thread and
> the one I started concerning the reply to field (of which I've
> misdirected 4 emails today already doubling on others inboxes (make
> that 5..I just double posted this)) I might have posted  1/2 dozen
> emails to this list. Not quite sitting behind the keyboard. I do lots
>
> of pro bono work in my production work..one of them was for the Gren
>
> PArty of whcih you were supposed to do something usefull with the
> video I shot. I pointed out once befre that you've done nothing to
> get this video from me and certsinly the timeliness of it is well
> past. So please don't suggest to me that I should get involved.

As to the video although you may not have seen it I publically posted
previously to this list that I had misplaced the e-mail of the Roy that
had helped us with the video and that I'd wanted to get back with them.
 (and its not like I've been hiding so you could have contacted me at
any point) So there you are!  Great!  Let's get together and work on
it.

As yes, I WILL suggest that you continue to get involved!  We need the
efforts of ALL our members, especially those with the talents you
possess.  We're forming a Media Committee and I want you (along w/ me
and Andrea and others) to be vital members!

> Anyway, as far as this thread I decided to not let this drop the way
> it had with a member of this list being told how and where they could
> post by someone who hadn't consulted with anyone else about doing so.
>
> I think this topic needs a rest. All I wanted to do was try to stir
> some other members of this list to what in my opinion was to do the
> right thing but it appears that the right thing still is rather
> fuzzy.

Well the other problem Roy is that just a few days back were berating
Cameron for the way he runs this list.  In that case it was you
(unelected, unappointed) trying to tell Cameron (who's been a GPSCC
stalwart, creator and mod of this list from the beginning) how to do
his job!!! So please try to understand how that came across and then
for you to take up the banner for this nonGPSCC Member to have the
right to dominate and stir up shit - I don't think so.

Peace!

Drew

> Peace
>
> Duende
>

> > Impeach for Peace!
> >
> > Drew
> >
> > --- Duende <egroups at duendevision.com> wrote:

> very
> (who
> >> bombing
> >> Its
> >>
> >> Bombing? The man made 3 posts since December and all were
> >> intelligent.

> >> support
> >>
> >> I'm sure you will take full credit though if you read my reply to
> >> Tian I had also suggested the possibility of county specific list
> as
> >>
> >> well. However this isn't one of them and has never had a
> geographical
> >> bias to it until you "refused to stand for it"
> >>
> >> Peace
> >>
> >> Duende

> >> "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It
> is
> >>
> >> the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this
> emotion
> >> is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in
> >> awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
> >>
> >> Albert Einstein

JamBoi
Jammy The Sacred Cow Slayer

http://dailyJam.blogspot.com