[Sosfbay-discuss] Applying NVC to the situtation (Re: Ideas from Far-Flung Places

Duende egroups at duendevision.com
Fri Mar 9 13:36:04 PST 2007

On Mar 9, 2007, at 1:11 PM, JamBoi wrote:

> It looks to me that you Roy want to play what we call in the NVC
> Community the 'Right/Wrong' game.  I don't want to play that game with
> you.  If we were to play any 'game' I'd like to play what Dr. Marshall
> Rosenberg calls the 'making life wonderful' game.

And can I assume you were doing the life is beautiful thing when
making disparaging remarks about Mark's postings and then his calm
withdrawal from the group (calling that a hissy fit). If there's a
right - wrong dynamic it's because it was inappropriate to take the
stance you did with Mark and have been throwing one road block in
front of the other, be it rationalization, inference and even trying
to use your position on the Council to keep from accepting the
responsibility of your behavior.

> I'll say again and right up front I really don't appreciate your
> outing
> of private things publically and I don't appreciate your
> evaluations on
> the video project without you having ever privately discussed them or
> you having ever attempted to contact me.

And you "outed" my disclosure that I had took NVC because I needed
it. That was a private conversation.

As I've mentioned before, you seem to very conveniently pull up
circumstances to make yourself the victim but loose all sight of it
when you do it to others.

> The (still potential) video project can go forward at any time.  That
> is something for the GPSCC and the GPCA and has really very little
> ultimately to do with you or me personally.

Sure.. send me a SAS that will cover 2 tapes and I'll mail it to you.
($1.75).

> It is simply an
> opportunity for us to participate in.  If you don't want to
> participate, I'll count that as a shame, but I would accept it.  I
> believe that in all things its more important to focus on principles
> than on personalities.

You never cease to amaze me. Who said anything about my not
participating. I've been doing political pieces for the Green Party
before there was ever a Jamboi in my inbox. I will continue to do so
and even with you. However I will have responsibilities written out,
signed and posted to my web site in your case.

I don't wish to play NVC games as I said before. I don't care to
guess what you're feeling or anything similar.. at least until you
apologize to Mark and ask him back.

I'm sure your a nice guy at some level but right now you're tied up
in knots over this and there's only one way to ever get over it and
that's to own up to it. Me.. I'll just meditate.

Peace

Duende