[Sosfbay-discuss] Applying NVC to the situtation (Re: Ideas from Far-Flung Places

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 9 19:04:51 PST 2007

Hey Roy,

--- Duende <egroups at duendevision.com> wrote:
> On Mar 9, 2007, at 1:11 PM, JamBoi wrote:
>
> > It looks to me that you Roy want to play what we call in the NVC
> > Community the 'Right/Wrong' game.  I don't want to play that game
> with
> > you.  If we were to play any 'game' I'd like to play what Dr.
> Marshall
> > Rosenberg calls the 'making life wonderful' game.
>
> And can I assume you were doing the life is beautiful thing when
> making disparaging remarks about Mark's postings and then his calm
> withdrawal from the group (calling that a hissy fit). If there's a
> right - wrong dynamic it's because it was inappropriate to take the
> stance you did with Mark and have been throwing one road block in
> front of the other, be it rationalization, inference and even trying

> to use your position on the Council to keep from accepting the
> responsibility of your behavior.

We COULD go back and just quote exactly where ML did what I've termed
throwing a hissy fit and see if my evaluation is accurate or not.
Hmm... that's a possibility.  Also you COULD consider that I MIGHT be
actually just be straightforwardly stating exactly the way I see things
just as I don't assume otherwise with your e-mail.  As 'The Captain'
stated its not okay to question others motives.  I don't question yours
and I'd REALLY enjoy it if you'd stop questioning mine.  I simply see
things as I've stated.

So to reiterate (and we COULD go back and quote word for word EXACTLY
what ML said and EXACTLY what I said and I'M CERTAIN if you'd do so
you'd find I'm making a VERY OBJECTIVE STATEMENT OF FACTS) that 1)
after ML's outburst of e-mails I wrote very mildly to say I was
concerned about where he was going, that 2) he took enourmous offence
and without dialogue removed himself from the list, and that ML made
his choice and (left in a IMO very jerky way) and after his leaving I
continue to firmly state 4) Good riddance!

> > I'll say again and right up front I really don't appreciate your
> > outing
> > of private things publically and I don't appreciate your
> > evaluations on
> > the video project without you having ever privately discussed them
> or
> > you having ever attempted to contact me.
>
> And you "outed" my disclosure that I had took NVC because I needed
> it. That was a private conversation.

Okay, fair enough, although please note that I also disclosed
simultaneously that I also am taking it because I evaluate I NEED NVC
BADLY!!!

> As I've mentioned before, you seem to very conveniently pull up
> circumstances to make yourself the victim but loose all sight of it
> when you do it to others.

I certainly don't see it that way and I see it such that its YOU who
keeps trying to play the victim.  IMO I have only fullfilled my role as
County Council person and served the needs of the GPSCC.

> > The (still potential) video project can go forward at any time.
> That
> > is something for the GPSCC and the GPCA and has really very little
> > ultimately to do with you or me personally.
>
> Sure.. send me a SAS that will cover 2 tapes and I'll mail it to you.
>
> ($1.75).

Or we could simply make up and get to work.  Why not???

> > It is simply an
> > opportunity for us to participate in.  If you don't want to
> > participate, I'll count that as a shame, but I would accept it.  I
> > believe that in all things its more important to focus on
> principles
> > than on personalities.
>
> You never cease to amaze me. Who said anything about my not
> participating. I've been doing political pieces for the Green Party
> before there was ever a Jamboi in my inbox. I will continue to do so

> and even with you. However I will have responsibilities written out,
> signed and posted to my web site in your case.

Roy, why do you feel the need to attach me to this project and play
somekind of victim?  What is stopping you from doing it all on your
lonesome?  I simply pointed out the opportunity.

> I don't wish to play NVC games as I said before. I don't care to
> guess what you're feeling or anything similar.. at least until you
> apologize to Mark and ask him back.

I have nothing to apologize to ML for and as you might know in NVC we
don't believe in apolgogies anyway.  In NVC we'd express regrets for
behavior that we regret later but in this case I'm not seeing anything
to regret.

> I'm sure your a nice guy at some level but right now you're tied up
> in knots over this and there's only one way to ever get over it and
> that's to own up to it. Me.. I'll just meditate.

I'm sure I AM a nice guy on many levels, though I'm not self delusional
enough to think of myself in general as a 'nice guy'.  I don't aim to
be a 'nice guy'.  I was brought up in a very tough family and I have
experienced a very tough life and I have an extremely tough outlook on
life.  It stands me in good stead sometimes (such as it will when I'm
running for office), and other times it gets me in trouble.
Nevertheless I have no bones about this situation.  My conscience is
perfectly clear.  The way I see it, I'm not the one "tied up in knots".
 Maybe meditation will make it clear for you.

Impeach for Peace!

Drew

> Peace
>
> Duende