[Sosfbay-discuss] Fwd: (MoveOn says) Rep. Honda gets it right on Iraq

MKmusic03 at aol.com MKmusic03 at aol.com
Thu Mar 15 22:12:10 PDT 2007

Drew, As far as I'm concerned Mike Honda is not to be trusted.  MoveOn has
got it all wrong !  Honda gets it wrong on Iraq, not right on Iraq!  Doug
Mackenzie sent the following to our South Bay Occupation Project members regarding
Honda. Also we can't trust what MoveOn says either.

Drew, you are right, Honda is still chopped liver in my book also.

Merriam

On March 15 (Doug MacKenzie) ddmackenzie at gmail.com wrote:

today, Mike Honda (CA-15) voted in favor of referring the Supplemental
Appropriations bill funding the wars of aggression and occupation of Iraq and
Afghanistan and the so-called Global War on Terror out of the Appropriations
Committee - Honda was recently appointed to the Appropriations Committee by his
handler, Nancy Pelosi

the details of the Appropriations Committee meeting are sketchy (as is the
USA government in general) but we found the following in an article in the times

"In the House, the Appropriations Committee advanced the $124 billion Iraq
spending legislation, with Representative Barbara Lee of California being the
lone Democratic vote against it. She argued it did not go far enough to end the
war and remove troops from Iraq. Democrats sought to fight back charges that
the legislation was meddling in the management of the war."

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/15/washington/15cnd-cong.html?hp

we stopped by Honda's Campbell office and asked Meri Maben (Honda's district
chief of staff) about why the restriction on attaching Iran was taken out of
the bill - she told us that the Israeli lobby is very strong (no shit!) and the
democrats had to do it to keep the party together

so much for Mike "I'm against the Iraq war" Honda and his empty
pronouncements

in solidarity,
doug
for the sbop

jamboi at yahoo.com wrote:

 Hmm... Merriam what do you think about this??? As far I'm concerned he
hasn't started the impeachment hearings OR AS FAR AS I KNOW EVEN
REPLIED TO OUR VALENTINES IMPEACH FOR THE LOVE OF AMERICA INVITE!!!  So
he's still chopped liver in my book.

Impeach for Peace!

Drew

--- "Nita Chaudhary, MoveOn.org Political Action"

http://political.moveon.org/donate/email.html?id=10008-1545797-e7PJLh&t=4

> PAID FOR BY MOVEON.ORG POLITICAL ACTION, http://pol.moveon.org/
> Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

> page at:
> http://moveon.org/s?i=10008-1545797-e7PJLh

JamBoi
Jammy The Sacred Cow Slayer