[Sosfbay-discuss] LGB(T) Community

Edward the_alliance47 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 20 11:56:10 PST 2007

There is some debate among progressives about the Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA), because it would only prohibit discriminating against gays, lesbians, and bisexuals, not including transgendered. Do we support it even though it does not protect all in the LGBT community or do we say all-or-nothing, no compromise with moderates?

In theory, I think baby steps are necessary to get to the end goal, but in reality, the government often takes one baby step...and that's it. I'm sure there are several examples just within the past 30 years, and this is potentially another one to add to the list.