[Sosfbay-discuss] SCPF Press Conference regarding 49ers Stadium Issue

Kaisha Torres kaisha_marie at comcast.net
Wed Oct 17 17:13:36 PDT 2007

Dear EV Greens, Green Party Members, and Friends:

I received an email from Michele Ryan of  Santa Clara Plays Fair [SCPF]
notifying me/us that SCPF will be holding its first press conference next
*Monday [October 22] at 12 noon at the Santa Clara Main Library*. They will
be formally announcing the formation of the Committee and outlining their
analysis of the proposal to build a 49ers stadium in Santa Clara with City
subsidized funding and public assets.

SCPF is also looking for interested people to provide the organization with
advice and guidance on building their coalition and developing their
message. I am attaching the pdf of the brief I provided to the EV Greens
which has some of the details surrounding this issue but you may also obtain
information at the following links:

Santa Clara City link with proposal information:
http://www.ci.santa-clara.ca.us/city_gov/49er_stadium_proposal.html
Santa Clara Plays Fair [SCPF]:  http://www.santaclaraplaysfair.com/
Another opposition group: http://www.notwithmymoney.org/
Articles and essays and additional website sources on Publicly subsidized
Stadium Building and their impact on Communities:
 http://ideas.repec.org/p/spe/wpaper/0616.html
http://www.fieldofschemes.com/
http://oversight.house.gov/Documents/20070329144816-86227.pdf

If you are a Santa Clara resident or know someone who is, please forward
this information to them.  Although there have been several stories in the
Mercury News about the issue, it is important to help provide citizens with
as much information as possible to assist them in being active in their
community government. If you are not a Santa Claran but interested in the
issue of public assets being used to subsidized private interest sporting
companies, please plan on attending the Press Conference and support this
grassroots democratic coalition.

Democratically yours,
Kaisha