[Sosfbay-discuss] Open Question

Tian Harter tnharter at aceweb.com
Wed Mar 5 11:12:11 PST 2008

Wes Rolley wrote:
> In an email to the National Committee today, GP Media Committee CoChair
> Scott McLarty questioned the number of "down ticket" races that we have
> in a presidential year.
>
> Actually, we have a few here in CA for Congress and I think one for
> Mayor of San Diego, but I have not yet heard of any GPCA member running
> for either the Assembly or State Senate.  Nor do I see any Greens
> running for County Supervisor in California.

Ummm... There are two in San Francisco, Ross Mirkarimi and Mark Sanchez.

http://cagreens.org/elections/#_candidates

Ballot access for partisan races doesn't close until Friday. Stay tuned
for more information...

> While Greens talk a lot about Grassroots Democracy, there does not seem
> to be a great deal of interest in actually functioning at the
> grassroots.  Does anyone have a better idea about why this is than I do?

A lot of city council type races only start in August. Again, stay tuned
for more information...

> I have the feeling that it is a reflection of the motivation for people
> to join the Green Party, the issues that drive that (e.g. peace).
>
> Is the real question one of how we can build the superstructure of a
> party when there is no foundation?

I wonder about that a lot to.
--
Tian