[Sosfbay-discuss] FW: Free Website for County Council Candidates

Drew Johnson JamBoi at Greens.org
Tue May 13 12:53:12 PDT 2008

Subject: [G-C-F] Free Website for County Council Candidates
From:    "Jared Laiti" <jared.laiti at gmail.com>
Date:    Tue, May 13, 2008 12:33
To:      cal-forum at marla.cagreens.org
         gpca-ccwg at cagreens.org

All,

I decided to take the League of Women Voters up on their offer of free
publicity for my county council candidacy. You can see my page at:
http://smartvoter.org/vote/laiti - please give me feedback!

I encourage all those in a contested county council race to make use of the
offer from LWV too. Since a main goal of being on the ballot is often
publicity and to let the grassroots know that the Green Party exists as a
real organization, it seems that using this free publicity furthers those
goals. Also, some Greens have rightfully criticized the LWV in the past for
not including our candidates, so now that they are, it seems like maybe we
should make a point of participating in their process, so they can't say
next time around 'why bother including the Greens, they won't participate
anyway'...

To set up your page, go to http://www.smartvoter.org/candidate . Select your
county and the June 6 primary, put in your name... You'll need the password
they sent you (I got mine in an email they sent out in the last week or two,
but I think you can request them to email you a new one).

In solidarity,
Jared