[Sosfbay-discuss] [SC-SM] Fw: Venues for January Gathering

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Thu Nov 13 21:55:54 PST 2008

Drew Johnson wrote:
> Instead of focusing on our challenges, lets figure out how we can make it happen -- asset-based thinking (ABT) rather than Deficit-Based Thinking. This is an opportunity for us to rev up our two county parties and serve our party in a way that builds everyone up (most especially us).
>
> We have options like home stays, hostels etc. that can make this work.  We can figure it out, no prob.  We are a vital, up and coming Green Party region that has not hosted a plenary in ... (a very long time).  We did a smaller gathering last year at Stanford.  This is extremely doable.

For one thing, this is not for a formal plenary.  The term used in the
CC minutes / discussions was a gathering, such as we had in Alameda not
too long ago  The implication is that it would be more informal and that
it would not be as highly attended as a formal plenary might be. Then, I
may be wrong about the attendance.

Also, dates are very much open for discussion based on who can do what
and when.

If we are serious, then we need to be tied into the planning as quickly
as possible. It is getting late to make arrangements for a state-wide
meeting in the early 1st quarter.

Wes

--
"Anytime you have an opportunity to make things better and you don't, then you are wasting your time on this Earth" Roberto Clemente

Wes Rolley
17211 Quail Court, Morgan Hill, CA 95037
http://www.refpub.com/ -- Tel: 408.778.3024