[Sosfbay-discuss] [Fwd: [G-C-F] Sunday's 3rd-party candidates debate]

Andrea Dorey andid at cagreens.org
Sat Oct 18 11:42:18 PDT 2008

On Oct 15, 2008, at 12:48 PM, Tian Harter wrote:

> The debate, which will be announced Wednesday, will include at least
> three of the four third-party candidates — independent Ralph Nader,
> the
> Green Party's Cynthia McKinney and the Constitution Party's Chuck
> Baldwin.

> <Libertarian Party nominee Bob Barr said he has a scheduling
> conflict, but debate organizers say he wanted to appear only with
> Nader.>

Woof!
A little snob reaction here on the part of Barr?  Like I only rub
shoulders with the well-known BIG vote getters?

It reminds me of a little sci-fi short story written in the 50s about
an alien who is treated like an "untouchable" until he manages to
attract and marry a power-based Earth woman; from the day of the
marriage, she is stunned to see him abusing his fellow-aliens, whom
he now sees as his inferiors.
I've never been able to forget this story, even 60 years later.

The abused often grow up to be abusers.  (Look at the Israeli-
Palestinian situation).
Andrea