[Sosfbay-discuss] should we take to the strets

Brian Good snug.bug at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 21 13:47:13 PDT 2008

If we could get 10 million people in the streets we could end
the war, get honest elections, and impeach Bush.

What I learned from the Silicon Valley Impeachment Coalition
is that even when we get a third of the drivers honking for
us, honking is all they're going to do.  They won't even stop
and spend a half hour standing with us.  We should have had
60,000 people at Fort Mason last month demanding that Pelosi
deliver Bush's political head on a stick.  We had 60.

Where's the outrage?

Maybe with unemployment and 401k losses people will be
inclined to hang out more on the street.  Maybe we could draw
a crowd on a Saturday night downtown from those more inclined
to come over to St. James Park and less inclined to drink $4
beers in the clubs--if we give them some entertainment like
music or theater.  I doubt we can get permits for amplified
music, and obviously we wouldn't get a permit for alcohol.
It would be hard to compete with the clubs without those
two things.

I don't know if there are any legal herbs and stuff we could
brew up in tea.  Without some kind of kick, I don't think people
would bother with the park.  Or the street.