[Sosfbay-discuss] Food 4 Thought Picnic Meeting #2--August 5, 2009

Caroline Yacoub carolineyacoub at att.net
Sat Aug 8 18:22:53 PDT 2009

Picnic meeting #2--August 5, 2009  6:30 p.m.

Facilities and hardware
We have permits for the site (Murphy Park) and for a pa system
Caroline will bring Green Party canopy
We will ask Carol to bring her canopy and PA system and games
Andrea, Jim, Tom, and Zenobia will provide coolers

We need somebody to bring charcoal and tools--would this be Fred's son? He is our barbecuer

Games and activities
hula hoops--Dave and Monica
we will ask Carol to bring games
Tian has a Green musician to play during the activity time (before food)
Valerie will have a rock painting table (Caroline is bringing paints, brushes, and some rocks. Anyone who has nice little rocks and would like to bring some, they would be appreciated.)
Fred will do Frisbee Golf, but we need frisbeess-----Tian?

Food
Watermelon--Brian
"napkins" Drew and Andrea
compostible dishes, silverware--Merriam
Tofu dogs, poultry dogs--Caroline
Buns---?
Cans of beer and soda, wine boxes--Caroline
Baked beans--Merriam
Juice boxes--Jim D.
We are asking our guests to bring a potluck dish or make a donation, if necessary, someone can call for a pizza delivery
Dessert----?

Tabling
Drew is doing a schwag table
Roy will do a table on Green building
Valerie is doing a painting table
Donations and drinks table (We can't sell anything, but we can ask donations for the drinks)
Other ?

Speakers
Tian--noonish
Laura Stec--12:45-1:45
Valerie's speaker on Marriage Equality
Updates on Single Payer Health Care and Fair elections
Cement Lady

MISC
We need portable garbage cans, because we are going to recycle or compost our garbage
We need signs to go on the cans and dust tape to affix the signs to the cans
We need somebody to make the signs.
Balloons--Andrea will bring the ones from the yard sale. Caroline will try to get Diddams to donate them, if we give them a plug. If that doesn't happen, Valerie will get them frim "Affordable Treasures"

If you can take care of any of the items not assigned, please notify Merriam, or Fred, or Andrea, or Jim. Caroline will be out of town until.......
August 16, when we will have a meeting at Caroline's house at 3:00 to clean up the details.
If anybody who is coming to that meeting has time to check out Murphy Park and see where they think things should go, please do.