[Sosfbay-discuss] FW: 18-24 year olds: Apply NOW for the Greenpeace Organizing Term!

Drew Johnson JamBoi at Greens.org
Mon Feb 2 23:39:15 PST 2009

Please pass on to any 18-24 year olds you think might be interested in this.

Green is Peace!

Subject: Apply NOW for the Greenpeace Organizing Term!
From:    "Greenpeace" <got at wdc.greenpeace.org>
Date:    Mon, February 2, 2009 05:42

The application deadline for the  2009 Summer and Fall semesters
of the Greenpeace Organizing Term is approaching!

We at Greenpeace are seeking students ready to be the newest leaders in
the environmental movement. The Greenpeace Organizing Term is an
action-packed semester of travel and the best hands-on training
available to give students the skills needed to tackle global warming
and other major environmental problems.

While in the program, students will learn grassroots organizing, media,
direct action, and campaign strategy so they can run successful
campaigns back on campus. Best of all, students will put those new
skills into practice by working on actual Greenpeace campaigns - in the
U.S. and on the Greenpeace Expedition!

Candidates must be 18-24 years of age and either a high school senior
or an undergraduate at a college or university to apply. Most students
receive college credit for the program, which is offered in Washington,
D.C. and San Francisco, CA.

If you're eligible, please apply -
and if not or know someone who is, please forward this announcement to
passionate students you know who are concerned about the environment
and would be interested in participating in the program.
We are currently accepting applications for
the 2009 Summer and Fall semesters, and the deadline for application is
February 15, 2009

For more information, email us at mailto:got at wdc.greenpeace.org.
To apply, check out our website at: http://www.greenpeace.org/got

For a greener future,

Linda Capato

Grassroots Recruitment Coordinator
Greenpeace Organizing Term
got at wdc.greenpeace.org

P.S. Interested in a students perspective? Take it from Organizing
Term Alum Kate:

The Greenpeace Organizing Term taught me how to organize a community
around a common goal. This is by far one of the most transferable
skills that I have ever learned. I learned to think strategically, and
will even find myself debriefing everyday activities. The Non-Violent
Direct Action training completely reshaped the way I handle obstacles
and issues, if even just to identify triggers in people and de-escalate
and solve problems. I feel that I can take these skills with me no
matter where I go.

Kaitlin Finneran
GOT Alum  Spring 2008, San Francisco
got at wdc.greenpeace.org