[GPSCC-chat] Anybody Heard Anything About the Movimiento Verde Ecologico de Venezuela?

alexcathy at aol.com alexcathy at aol.com
Tue Sep 28 16:54:32 PDT 2010

It is so frustrating.  For two days I've browsed the Internet looking for news about the Green Party of Venezuela (Movimiento Verde Ecologico de Venezuela) in the parliamentary elections.  The MSM is, of course, crowing that the conservative parties gained seats.

At the GP National Convention in Chicago in 2008, I have a fascinating conversation with a beautiful woman from Venezuela attending the conference with the Global Greens.  At a workshop, the Venezuelans and the Brazilians tried to explain some of the nuances of what is going on down there -- a historic proces that is much more complex than either the capitalist MSM or the "Old Red" alternative media let's on.  The Greens mostly approve of what Lula and Chavez have been doing, but they disapprove of them squandering oil resources to, among other things, pay for a big and totally unnecessary military buildup.  Chavez, himself, is a military man, so naturally he things the military buildup is perfectly okay.  The Brazilians said that Lula has been fooling around with nuclear power and hellbent on "development" in the Amazon jungle.

I would love to blog on this or even write an article, but I don't have enough information.

Alex Walker