[GPSCC-chat] Fw: Health Care for All Meeting, Tuesday, Aug. 23 and Newsletter

Caroline Yacoub carolineyacoub at att.net
Sun Aug 21 13:04:32 PDT 2011

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Lynn Huidekoper <lynn_huidekoper at hotmail.com>
To: Lynn Huidekoper <lynn_huidekoper at hotmail.com>
Sent: Sun, August 21, 2011 10:34:16 AM
Subject: Health Care for All Meeting, Tuesday, Aug. 23 and Newsletter

                                     Health Care for All Meeting-   August 23rd-
 (TUESDAY- new night) 5:45-7:45 pm

Eric’s Deli- 830 Keily Blvd. Santa Clara, near Homestead Rd  (Look for Neon
“Soup’s On” Sign)

Welcome/Introductions
Approval of minutes of last meeting- Larry
Treasurer’s report-  Emailed by Bob, presented by Joan- ( reimbursement for
state meeting, request for additional brochure costs, stickers)
Membership report- Carol

Statewide meeting August 13th- Lynn H. Lynne P-H, Joan S,
Legislative report- Lynn
Website chapter page- Joan
Chapter newsletter August- Lynne
Fundraising ideas- Lynne
Report on activities since July meeting-
-Take Back the Night-  8/2- Joan
On Wednesday, Aug. 10th, The Democratic Club at The Villages sponsored a meeting
with Rep. Zoe Lofgren.  About 200 Villagers attended.  I tabled at the event and
gave out quite a few of the new HCA brochures along with the new SCC Chapter
Membership Form folded inside.  There was also great interest in other documents
I had for Social Security and the state and national single payer plans.  Zoe's
presentation and responses to audience questions was superb.
 The next event I will table at is:  DAY IN THE PARK, sponsored by Councilwoman
Rose Herrera, on Oct. 1st, in Cunningham Park- emailed by Bob Applebaum

-Campbell Farmers markets 8/7, 8/21- Lynne, Lynn, Joan
-San Jose Gay Pride Festival  8/21, 8/22l- Carol, Joan, Lynn
-San Jose Jazz festival voter registration-  Carol
-PDC picnic 8/20- Lynn
-Video Project meeting- 8/19  Lynne
Report on upcoming activities-
-Breakfast with Mike Honda- A Briefing on Health Reform,Update on Statewide
Health Reform- sponsored by Community Health Partnership  8/25- Carol, Lynne,
Others?
Donna Clarke of Marrage Equality Silicon Valley would like to have someone from
our chapter to help with voter reg at their booth at the DeAnza Flea Market on
Saturday, September 3rd. I think this is a good chance to start networking with
this group. Carol

Jean Embree is requesting someone from our chapter to lead a workshop on SB 810
at a UU retreat at the San Jose church on Sunday, October 16th, at 9:30 am. She
would like confirmation and a name by Sept 1. Carol
-Best practices to Foster Health in our Community- Mt View 8/30- Carol Kuiper
---PLEASE arrive and order dinner at 5:45 promptly, as the agenda is packed as
you can see.

Lynn Huidekoper, RN
Co-Director
Health Care for All Californians-Silicon Valley Coalition
Co-Chair , Santa Clara County Single Payer Coalition
Senator Mark Leno's Single Payer bill, SB810
John Conyer's Single Payer bill, HR 676
Menlo Park CA.
650-322-9609
http://www.healthcareforall.org/