[GPSCC-chat] Move To Amend and the Tea Party

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Sat Aug 27 22:21:13 PDT 2011

Hi, John, et al.:

       The Move To Amend web site lists three items, of which only the
first clearly needs constitutional attention:

             * Money is not speech and a corporation is not a person.

             * Guarantee the right to vote to natural persons, etc.

             * Protect local communities against illegitimate
"preemption" actions by global, national, and state governments.

       Can anyone explain to me why the second and third bullets are
here?  I'm with John:  Tampering with the latter two of these three
could open the door to nice sounding changes that could be worse than
the problems they are attempting to fix -- and could reduce the appeal
of a proposed amendment making easier for big money to defeat it.

       However, I'm confused with John's talk of a constitutional
convention:  Has Move To Amend suggested that?  I have not seen that.
If it were proposed, I think it would be a bad idea.

       Spencer