[GPSCC-chat] Draft Agenda for GPSCC General Meeting on July 28, 2011

Valerie D. Face vdf at juno.com
Wed Jul 27 19:58:24 PDT 2011

Hi everyone,

Here are the agenda items I've seen on this list.  This is what I'm bringing to the meeting, but if you have additional items, by all means post them here and/or bring them to the meeting.  We will revise the agenda at the start of the meeting.

Caroline, I've added a note about moving the Regional Picnic up in the agenda because I think that the decision about where to put it should be made by the group at the meeting.

=== Draft Agenda for GPSCC General Meeting on July 28, 2011 ===

Location:  San Jose Peace & Justice Center, 48 S 7th St, San Jose

7:00 PM  Social time: practice one-minute speeches, eat, chat, etc.

7:30 PM  Begin meeting

*  Choose facilitator, note taker, timekeeper, vibes watcher, August agenda preparer
       2 min

*  Introductions and short announcements
       10 min

*  Revise and affirm agenda
       4 min

*  Treasurer's report, pass the hat
       4 min, Jim Doyle

*  Proposal for GPSCC to support the Carbon-Free Palo Alto Initiative
       10 min, Gerry Gras

*  Report on the Coalition for a Downtown Hospital
       5 min, Jim Doyle

*  November Elections - UDEL
       5 min, Jim Doyle

*  Ethics and Climate Change discussion
       10 min, Gerry Gras

*  Grow the Change: registering and engaging new Greens
       15 min, Merriam Kathaleen and Caroline Yacoub

*  Feedback from Greens who attended the most recent MoveOn meetings (July 15-17)
       10 min, Spencer Graves

*  Discussion of what GPSCC might want to do as a result of recent MoveOn meetings
       10 min, Spencer Graves

*  A couple of things that came up at the Healthcare for All meeting
       5 min, Caroline Yacoub

*  Regional Picnic (NOTE: Move this to an EARLIER spot in the agenda with consensus.)
       10 min, Caroline Yacoub

TOTAL TIME: 100 minutes (1 hour, 40 minutes)

Respectfully,
Valerie Face