[GPSCC-chat] GPSCC June 23, 2011 minutes

Tian Harter tnharter at aceweb.com
Thu Jun 23 23:22:23 PDT 2011

I think a much better URL for the gas tax is:

http://www.rescueeducationcalifornia.org/

Also, it imposes a 15% tax on value of each barrel of oil extracted in
California and spends it all on education. It prohibits the legislature
from diverting other moneys, so it's all additional funding for
education. Could add up to $2 to $3 billion in additional funding.

Spencer Graves wrote:
> please post additions, corrections, questions to this list.  Thanks.
> Spencer Graves
>

> On 6/23/2011 3:12 PM, Valerie D. Face wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Here is the draft agenda I am bringing to tonight's meeting.  Remember
>> that we can revise it if I got something wrong (my apologies) or if we
>> want to add or rearrange the order of items.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Valerie
>>
>> === Draft Agenda for GPSCC General Meeting on June 23, 2011 ===
>>
>> Location:  San Jose Peace&  Justice Center, 48 S 7th St, San Jose
>>
>> 6:30 PM  Informal social time: eat, chat, etc.
>>
>> 7:00 PM  Formal social time: practice one-minute speeches, eat, chat,
>> etc.
>>
>> 7:30 PM  Begin meeting
>>
>> *  Choose facilitator, note taker, timekeeper, vibes watcher, July
>> agenda preparer
>>         2 min
>
> facilitator:  Tian
>

> notetaker:  Spencer
>

> timekeeper:  Fred Dupereau
>

> vibes watcher:  Valerie
>

> July agenda preparer:  Valerie
>

>> *  Introductions and short announcements
>>         10 min
>>
> Tian Harter from Mt. View on the County Council.
>

> Merriam Kathaleen
>

> Brian Good --- working on the California Disclose Act
>

> Jim Stauffer -
>

> Valerie Face - with a cat to give away
>

> Drew Johnson - working with Dr. Kent P. Mesplay on his Presidential
> campaign.
>

> Spencer Graves
>

> Fred Duperrault
>

> John Tilking -
>

>> *  Revise and affirm agenda
>>         4 min
>
> Tabling incl.  Juneteenth report back (Merriam)
> 5 min.
>

>       Merriam was there Saturday with Fred, Warner, Andrea.  Not very
> crowded on Saturday.  Charged $5, which limited the attendance
> considerably.  Two new members, youths, founders(?) of NextGen(?).
> Merriam talked with them about how to get a youth group going.  She will
> follow up.  Two new people registered Greens.
>

>       Tian collected $5 on Sunday.  We didn't get much interest.  Tian
> questioned if this was worth $100.  Merriam thinks we should do it,
> because of the 2 new members we got ... if they stay with us and if
> Juneteenth is held again next year.
>
>> *  Treasurer's report, pass the hat
>>         4 min, Jim Doyle
>>
>> *  Report on Food For Thought: Egypt Talk
>>         5 min, need presenter
>
>     Sharat gave a wonderful talk at Tian's clubhouse.  Only had ~12
> people, 3 of them new.  Very important with the new people.  Should go 5
> pm and later.  Drew:  to invite Sharat to New Community of Faith,
> Rainbow church on Rainbow drive.
>
>> *  Scheduling November/December meetings
>>         5 min, need presenter
>
>       Tian will host a Green party holiday party in his clubhouse.
>

> Nov. 17 - third Thursday & a holiday party in December.  We can schedule
> [...]

Tian
http://tian.greens.org
Latest change: words and pictures from and about SJBP's Seventies Ride.
The screw I got mile 81 of bike the limits is on an Indiana quarter.