[GPSCC-chat] Agenda for Jan. meeting

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Sun Jan 22 08:13:41 PST 2012

As a political party, it is incumbent on the GPCA to protect its ballot
access.  In recent years, that has fallen drastically.

With a GPCA target of 100,000 new Greens to be registered, each county
needs to take on it's share.  If you divvy up that large number based on
current registration, Santa Clara County needs to register a little over
4,000 new Greens by the November election.

While Santa Clara County GP has an active tabling program, I don't see
that this will bring in 4,000 new Greens... based on past history.  So,
how do we get to that number?  I suggest that it needs new ideas and
some organizational structure for getting beyond our tabling efforts.
At least, we should have a committee to refine those ideas and agree
that part of each monthly meeting should be a simple report on the
current status of the effort... how many new Greens have been
attracted.  Maybe, if we measure progress, we will have more progress.

10->15 min.