[GPSCC-chat] Fwd: MTA Actions: A Job Well Done!

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Tue Jan 31 14:46:21 PST 2012

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	MTA Actions: A Job Well Done!
Date: 	Tue, 31 Jan 2012 14:39:39 -0800
From: 	Richard Hobbs <richhobbs at msn.com>
To: 	<Undisclosed-Recipient:;>

----- Original Message -----
*From:* Move to Amend <mailto:info at MoveToAmend.org>
*To:* richhobbs at msn.com <mailto:richhobbs at msn.com>
*Sent:* Monday, January 30, 2012 9:13 AM
*Subject:* A Job Well Done!

*/ The National Campaign to End Corporate Personhood and Demand
Democracy!/* Move to Amend
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=fRkR8dRywUZpMCSgyZDBxZpPI5MlhMW3>

*About*
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=KEgLmOo692x6MjneS8pPtJpPI5MlhMW3>*|
**Donate*
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=uZfwqqSgkOe7wOOmtBFdC5pPI5MlhMW3>*|
**Get Involved*
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=nnTh6UXw3y3A7d2pQYLaPpFxzrvsFGCr>

/*Occupy the Courts: a Phenomenal Success!*/

Dear Richard,

Thanks to you and many others, our *“Occupy the Courts” events on
January 20 turned out better than we ever imagined!* Events protesting
Citizens United took place at 138 federal courthouses, in parks and
plazas, and at the Supreme Court.

Far too numerous to mention here (including over 1200 print/online
articles and 450+ TV/radio clips!), please check here for a round-up of
the news stories
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=rUQRu8wCul2Qg%2BAvBnkMVppPI5MlhMW3>.

We were able to stage protests at federal courthouses in 48 states, and
bring thousands upon thousands of our fellow citizens out on a week-day,
in the middle of winter.

It was a measure of the *great grassroots organizing going on* within
this coalition.

Amending the Constitution to abolish corporate personhood requires us to
work in our own communities to build support for it. “Occupy the Courts”
show us that when we all pull together, we succeed. So *pat yourself on
the back for a job well done!*

Going forward, *Move to Amend will continue to lead the fight against
corporate personhood and “money is speech.”* In order to do so, and meet
the growing demand for information and resources, we have recently
upgraded our database to better serve you.

You’ve probably already noticed that our emails look a little different.
Our new system has improved our communications ability tenfold and
offers a lot more flexibility — but it does come at an expense.

*/Help us succeed in all of our efforts — /**/become a sustaining member
today
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=5hfD1YJc47j%2Bliygg%2Fm775pPI5MlhMW3>!
/*

“Occupy the Courts” taught us that when we are able to focus attention
on our mission instead of on raising money, *we can accomplish great
things*.

*If every Move to Amend member contributed **just $10 a month
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=ucm%2Fn9xK%2FnJ8%2Fm%2FF6JkLBppPI5MlhMW3>*(the
cost of a movie ticket) we could focus our attention entirely on the
Movement to Amend and passing the 28th Amendment
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=qZk8Pk7kxBh%2F1wvAacydSJpPI5MlhMW3>.

*Please become a Move to Amend monthly sustaining donor!*
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=iRzAsNGkwQ7mfWHQv6UwFJpPI5MlhMW3>

In solidarity,
/Ben Manski, Nancy Price, David Cobb, Leesa "George" Friday, Jerome
Scott, Kaitlin Sopoci-Belknap, Lisa Graves, Laura Bonham/
Move to Amend Executive Committee

empowered by Salsa <http://www.salsalabs.com/?email>