[GPSCC-chat] call for agenda items for Thursday

John Thielking pagesincolor at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 26 07:30:50 PDT 2012

Proposed agenda item:

John Thielking would like to discuss possibly adding his Peacemovies.com newsletter and a booklet version of the newsletters compiled from 2012 (due out Jan 2013) to the items available for sale to the Green Party (statewide) for resale. I'm still researching what the final cover price for the probably 100 page booklet might be. I will likely be able to make it available in hard copy form for a wholesale cost of $2.50 to $3.00 with a cover price of $5-$7. I'm waiting for the results of my survey questions that I have posted on my web site www.peacemovies.com concerning what price people are willing to pay for the booklet. I also need to double check with Maple Press (the local printer who is giving me such a great deal on booklet printing) to see if they can (or already do) print on recycled content paper, and exactly what the extra cost might be, if any, for recycled content paper. The booklet should also be made available as a shareware pdf, with a
 request for a $5 donation from each user accessing the file, to be split 50/50 between John Thielking and the Green Party (of Santa Clara County? or State?). The 6-8 page newsletters could be made available for free as pdfs on the web site or printed out in a staple-less format (which gets picked up more often than a stapled version) for a wholesale cost of 50 cents each.  The cover price for those is currently $1. The flier version (1 sheet double sided) of the newsletter that three of us handed out in front of movie theaters last weekend could also be made available for free as a pdf on the web site.  Or I can get them printed for 8 cents each, plus tax (at cost).  I would need 10 minutes for this item.  No final decision is needed at the meeting as the details are not finalized yet, but I would like to discuss the proceedures if any required for statewide distribution of my work. (We could also discuss wider distribution of Spencer's fliers too
 as far as that goes.)

Thanks.

John Thielking