[GPSCC-chat] Fw: Re: propositions - & wiki.cagreens.org

John Thielking pagesincolor at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 6 13:58:13 PST 2012

I voted yes on 30 and no on 35.  However, I have serious reservations about 30.  Although the check sum that you can do comparing the legislative analyst's statement about how much money ($6 billion) will go to schools vs the total amount raised by prop 30 (also $6 billion) would lead me to cast a Yes vote, if you examine the torturous legal language of the actual law that is being voted on it unclearly states that 1/4 of some portion of the money will go to schools and furthermore that if the portion that is supposed to go to schools is somehow calculated to be negative that the ballance owed will be taken from the portion allocated to schools in future quarters. I sure hope we don't wake up some time after prop 30 passes to find that what we really passed was a prop 98 type guarantee of funding for "local law enforcement", with 75% of the money going to the cops and prison gaurds.  Of course I also voted yes on 37 (after reading and understanding
 the entire law) and will likely be standing with my room mate next to a vegan restaurant with some Yes on 37 signs at about 4pm-5pm this afternoon.  That is all for now.  Thanks.

Sincerely,

John Thielking