[GPSCC-chat] County Council of Green Party of Santa Clara County

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at structuremonitoring.com
Thu Apr 25 10:38:04 PDT 2013

To: The GPCA Coordinating Committee

c/o Sanda Everette and Alex Shantz, Co-Coordinators

This letter responds to the request by Sanda Everette that the Green
Party of Santa Clara County officially re-appoint its 2012-2014 County
Council members as there were no GPSCC CC candidates on the June 2012
Primary Election ballot. As previously, communicated, at its regularly
scheduled and announced May 2012 general membership meeting – consistent
with long-standing GPSCC Bylaws -- the sitting GPSCC CC members
appointed new members beginning June 2012 and those appointments were
approved by the members present.

Also, at its regularly scheduled meeting on February 28, 2013 (fourth
Thursday of the month), GPSCC members present unanimously consensed to
reappoint existing County Council members; one prior CC member had left
California. A notice that such would be occurring was placed on the
GPSCC general discussion email list – the main communication vehicle to
GPSCC members – more than two weeks before that meeting. This item also
was published in the draft agenda two weeks before the meeting and on
additional days before the meeting.

At the March 28, 2013, GPSCC general membership meeting, the item was
presented. The volunteers alll affirmed that they all live in Santa
Clara County and are willing to continue serving as members of the
County Council of the Green Party of Santa Clara County. Their
reappointment was reaffirmed by unanimous consensus. Note: Pursuant to
GPCA and GPSCC Bylaws, the GPSCC makes decisions, whenever possible, by
consensus. You may consider the appointments made on March 28, 2013, as
“unanimously elected” if your sense and sensibilities about such matters
require use of that language.

Also at the March 28, 2013, meeting, I was tasked and agreed to write
this communication to the GPCA Coordinating Committee Co-Coordinators to
identify the current GPSCC County Council members. The current GPSCC
County Council members and their email contact information are:

Names / emails / phone numbers:

* Jim Doyle <j.m.doyle at sbcglobal.net>, 408-269-3299

* Spencer Graves <spencer.graves at effectivedefense.org>, M: 408-655-4567,
H: 408-294-5779

* John Thielking <pagesincolor at yahoo.com>, 408-561-1390

* Drew Johnson <Rainbeaufriend at yahoo.com>, 408-520-1652

* Betsy Wolf-Graves <betsy237 at prodsyse.com>, 408-294-5779

*** Please let me know if this meets your requirements. If it doesn't,
please explain why it doesn't, what else we need to do, and point me to
the specific rules.

Thanks,

Spencer Graves, GPSCC County Council member, on behalf of the Green
Party of Santa Clara County

--
Spencer Graves, PE, PhD
President and Chief Technology Officer