[GPSCC-chat] Fw: Fwd: More photos from Saturday's "Summer Heat" protest at Chevron refinery now up in a YouTube video

Caroline Yacoub carolineyacoub at att.net
Thu Aug 8 01:12:21 PDT 2013

Wish y'all could have been there.

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Brian Haberly <brianhaberly at gmail.com>
To: 350-silicon-valley-chat at googlegroups.com; 350svoutreach at googlegroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, August 7, 2013 3:02 PM
Subject: Fwd: More photos from Saturday's "Summer Heat" protest at Chevron refinery now up in a YouTube video

Hi friends!

Steve Danner, one of the 350 Silicon Valley members that I carpooled with up to Richmond with last Saturday, took some really nice photos at the 350.orgSummer Heat protest outside of the Chevron refinery, where an estimated 2,500 people gathered to hear speakers including the Mayor of Richmond (which just sued Chevron) and Bill McKibben of 350.orgtalk about climate change and the need to get us off of fossil fuels and move quickly to a renewable energy future.
Steve has now put those photos into a self running video which he has now posted to YouTube at this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6SAhXqRBQA&feature=youtu.be

Some really nice perspectives and scenes that will give you a flavor of what it was like to be part of the 2.5 mile march from Richmond BART to the Chevron gates, where we were greeted by lots and lots of very polite Richmond police.
I have to give kudos to the Richmond PD, which was very courteous to both regular attendees and also to the 209 arrestees (they used zip ties since they didn't have 200 pairs of handcuffs).  : - ).

When I had the pleasure to speak with Ellen Small, the 90 year old woman that was arrested with her grandson, she shared with us that after her arrest, the police quickly offered her a more comfortable place to sit (rather than just the ground) and they also offered her some cold water to drink.  She was impressed!

If you want to send Steve your comments/questions on the YouTube video, please email him directly at:  danner.steve at gmail.com

Thanks for all you do!

Brian H.
350SV Outreach Committee and 350SV No Tar Sands/Stop Keystone XL Committee