[GPSCC-chat] cosponsor disclose act SB 52 event

Gerry Gras gerrygras at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 4 11:50:22 PST 2013

I support the idea of the GPSCC endorsing the DISCLOSE act.
I have attended a few CAclean meetings and I like what they
are doing.

Also, for the newer members, years ago the CA Clean group
was working on legislation to provide public financing of
elections.  At first they had a proposal that the GPCA
did not like because of its provisions for minor parties.
But Jo Chamberlain and other Greens negotiated with them,
and eventually the CA Clean folks proposal was deemed
not ideal but acceptable to the GPCA.  ...  I'm not sure
about the details but I think they dropped the public
financing proposal (temporarily) due to their perception
of political realities, and then picked up the DISCLOSE idea
and have been working on that for awhile (2-4 years?).

Gerry